How to Prevent Health Risks Posed by Crystalline Silica Exposure
Hosted by ASSE Colorado Chapter and The Center for Health, Work & Environment at the Colorado School of Public Health, this full day seminar provides attendees with a comprehensive view of the health risks posed by silica, enterprise liabilities and a wide range of solutions to minimize the crystalline silica exposure during fracking operations.
Agenda topics include:
- Historical perspective of NIOSH efforts toward silica exposure assessment during hydraulic fracturing operations;
- OSHA regulatory update;
- Enterprise future liability and legal aspects;
- Silica hierarchy control methods;
- Crystalline silica exposure assessment methods; and
- Laboratory aspects of the crystalline silica samples analysis.