OSHA / NIOSH / STEPS Alliance
Through the Alliance, OSHA, the National STEPS Network, and NIOSH work together to prevent fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the U.S. onshore E&P sector of the O&G industry.
Goals of the Alliance
Raising Awareness of OSHA’s Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- Share information on OSHA’s enforcement, rulemaking, and other initiatives.
Outreach and Communication
- Develop products that increase awareness of, and promote effective controls for, identified workplace hazards.
- Enhance OSHA’s oil and gas materials.
- Improve the collection and dissemination of NIOSH fatality and injury and illness data to identify and address safety and health issues in the industry, including emerging issues.
- Promote the dissemination and adoption of NIOSH oil and gas research findings and recommendations.
Training and Education
- Support training events, such as the OSHA Oil and Gas Safety and Health Conference, US / EU Cooperation on Workplace Safety and Health, other conferences, and oil and gas safety stand-downs.
- Provide guidance and resources for development of training for those groups at greatest risk of injury and illness, such as contractors, small companies, short services employees, and temporary workers.